- This event has passed.
Burnout is seen as resulting from prolonged job stress, and includes the dimensions of emotional exhaustion, depersonalization or cynicism, and reduced personal accomplishment (Maslach et al. 2001) Coaches are increasingly seeing signs of burnout in coachees and finding burnout featuring in coaching conversations and agendas. Whilst Burnout Coaching is a specialist field of coaching and not the focus of this workshop , all coaches can benefit from an enhanced understanding of the nature and impact of burnout and how it shows up in coaching, in order to support professional and ethical coaching practice.
Within this interactive workshop we will
- Define burnout and its position on a wellbeing continuum
- Explore signs and symptoms of burnout
- Share strategies for use with our coachees
- Consider professional and ethical coaching dilemmas
- Identify shifts in coaching practice – being a burnout aware coach