- This event has passed.
During Disability History Month, we are focusing on Dyslexia Within The Workplace.
It’s estimated up to 1 in every 10 people in the UK has some degree of dyslexia.
The session will support leaders and managers to recognize the strengths and abilities of colleagues with dyslexia. It is facilitated by Pauline Hogarth, chair of the Staff Disability Network at NEAS.
The session will:
- Support colleagues to understand dyslexia
- Explore the implementation of reasonable adjustments within the workplace
- Improve self-esteem and confidence within the workplace
The session objectives are to:
- Provide an introduction to understanding of the colleagues’ specific difficulties and how they may affect work performance, to enable managers to adopt inclusive methods and strategies to help dyslexic colleagues to be successfully integrated into the workplace environment.
- Provide a high level framework to create meaningful improvement activities in staff networks.
- Empowering leaders and colleagues to understand dyslexia, both its strengths and challenges.
- Introduction to essential knowledge in how to spot and support dyslexia and an understanding of when and where to seek further help.
- Support the initial process of creating a dyslexia-inclusive workplace to empower the creation of a dyslexic working environment.
This event is now full. Please join the waiting list here: https://forms.office.com/e/rqU09dVNSV